To set up a Titan (Dell Inspiron 530s)
- Boot into BIOS- go to "Integrated Devices" and set "Onboard Boot ROM" to "Enable" and "SATA Mode" to "RAID"
- Reboot, go into BIOS, and change the boot order so IBA GW #1 is first (this is the network card's boot rom)
- Boot into a normal puke image- it will fail when it tries to mount the hard drives
- This puts you into a normal shell- type the root password to go into it, and use it to set up the drives (see Netboot Details), and make the appropriate filesystems.
- Since they are 320gb hard drives, I suggest giving sda1 128mb for boot, sda2 4gb for swap, ugcs_login-tmp 150gb, and the rest goes to cache
SystemImager might do what we're doing with NFS and AUFS a lot more cleanly, although it would require rebooting to apply new images