Revision as of 05:34, 1 February 2010 by Jdhutchin@ugcs.caltech.edu
What services does UGCS currently offer that will need to be replaced?
- Easy Unix group creation
- Mail, duh
- procmail filtering (e.g bogofilter, ect)
- IMAP and POP-3
- Easy mailing list creation
- Easy, personal DB creation
- Include DB use in quota
- Currently use Postgres. May want to offer MySQL too
- Web server supporting HTTP,CGI,SSL. Common fare.
- Personal web space
- UGCS's special finger system
- Might want new versions of the old utils, i.e. loglast, cwho, clast, hoo
- UGCS's news and announce drop system
- Might want to look at stuff in /ug/adm/scripts for other stuff we do (e.g. quota-roulette).
- Something else in addition?
- How about Jabber?
- ssh,sftp,scp (easy)
- central syslog server