Revision as of 08:29, 2 September 2010 by Srbecker
The current club leaders arrived in 2005, and there's isn't extensive documentation on events prior to that. Here's what we've gathered from the old website.
Past events from 2004 and 2005
- Banff Mountain Film Festival March 30, 2005
- Slide Show: Chang Tang: Tibet's largely uninhabited northern plain, by Rick Ridgeway, June 8, 2004
- Slide Show: Why Style Matters: Alpinism According to Mark Twight, April 1, 2004
- Banff Mountain Film Festival March 24, 2004
- Stephen Koch's talk at Outland Mountain Shop, Feb. 9th 2004, and the flyer for the talk. Koch is a well-known snowboarder.
- An Everest Base Camp Slide Show from some point in the past decade
- The "Introduction to Mountaineering" series of trips from a few years ago
- An ambitious program. Not all the mentioned trips were carried out.
Past events from before 2004
- The old calendar from 2001/02 has links to many past trips. These trips are also mentioned in the Introduction to Mountaineering course mentioned above.
- June 8, 2004. Patagonia's Pasadena store hosts famed adventurer and writer, Rick Ridgeway. A multi-media presentation and book signing of his new book, The Big Open.
- Feb 9, 2004. Acclaimed snowboard mountaineer Stephen Koch presents a slideshow at Caltech University on his pioneering snowboarding descents in the Tetons and his recent snowboard expedition on Mt. Everest. At the Outland Mountain Shop, 929 E. California Blvd. $5, to benefit avalanche awareness. More details at old website press release.
- Bouldering Comp 2003 at the Caltech gym, October 2003.
- Williamson trip from 7/13/03
- Ice Climbing 2003 March 2003
- Mt. Logan expedition in May 2001 as well as a slideshow about it on July 11, 2002.
- Baldy Mountaineering 2002 from April 2002.
- Ice Climbing Class, Feb 2002, two weekends. See Ice Climbing 2003#Other ice climbing courses
- Telluride Film Festival 2002 November 21, 2002
- Joshua Tree Xtreme 2002 October 2002 trip
- Everest Basecamp Slideshow 2002
- Joshua Tree 2002 Feb 2002 trip
- Intro to Mountaineering 2002 an ambitious program, from 2001 and 2002. Some of it was carried it. It inspired the new leaders in 2006.
- Old Calendar of events from October 2001 to April 2002.
- October 30, 2001. Greg Crouch will share his tales and his newly released book Enduring Patagonia. A breathtaking odessey through the beautiful and terrible peaks of Patagonia, a land that requires great sacrifice, but offers great rewards to those who dare challenge it. The author will be signing books, showing slides, telling "tall" tales and answering any questions you may have. Location: Outland Mountain Shop 7:00 pm
- Telluride Film Festival 2001 October 23, 2001
- October 21, Point Dume BBQ 2001 party.
- A planned Eaton Canyon trip that was delayed. Not sure if this ever happened.
- October 11 2001. Join Chris Stevenson (from the Desert Institute) and Roy Murphy (a noted local photographer) as they bring the high desert of Joshua Tree to life.
- Aconcagua Slideshow 2001 Nov. 15 2001, about Eric and Javier's recent trip to Aconcagua.
- A few club members (Frederic Crampe, Sebastien Galisson, Javier Gonzalez, Eric Winterberger) went to Bolivia to climb in the Cordillera Real in June 2000. Here is an external Bolivia trip report by Eric.
- Dec 1999, Jan 2000, a few club members (Frederic Crampe, Pedro Gonzalez, Eric Wintenberger) went to Aconcagua to climb the difficult Polish Glacier Direct route. Here is an external Aconcagua trip report by Eric.