Boot Party 2012
The Scene : you are a Southern California mountaineer, and your little toesies are cold! Time to get some of those sweet Mountaineering Boots. So, you head down to your neighborhood boot store and try on boots from their massive stock, getting that perfect fit. You wake from this dream and realize that there are no stores within a couple of hundred miles at the very least.
The Solution : Boot Party!
The idea is simple . Show up, bring all your mountaineering boots (new, old, and broken!). We'll end up with a giant pile of boots so those in the market can get recommendations and get an idea of sizing.
We'll have snacks, drinks, and some sweet videos playing on the projector!
When : Wednesday , October 17 at 8:00 pm. Where : Chester House, 171 N Chester Ave, Pasadena
If you have a CACWiki account, add your name and boots to this list. If you don't have one, you can RSVP or request an account by emailing Patrick.
- Size 11 Mad Rock Alpinists
- Size 10.5 Scarpa Charmoz
- Size 43 La Sportiva Trago evos (red boots)
- Size 43 La Sportiva Baturas (yellow boots with integrated gaiters)
- Pratyush (in absentia, will have boots sent)
- Size 44.5 Scarpa Phantom Guide
- Size 11 Baruntse.
- Joel (FYI - all my boots are roughly size 10 in regular men's US sizes)
- Size 43 La Sportiva Makalu
- Size 10 or 10.5 Asolo AFT Evolutionize double mountaineering boots (I think the outer boots work with both size 10 and 10.5 liners, and the liners themselves are size 10)
- Mondo Size 28 Dynafit Zzeus TF-X Alpine Touring boots
- Size 7 women's Armond leather hiking boots
- Size 7 women's Kayland MXT light-weight mountaineering boots
- Size 9 or 9.5 men's 2E width Cabella leather hiking boots
- Chris B
- Size 41 La Sportiva Glacier women's (that's right, I wear women's boots! Still searching high and low for the perfect fit...)
- Size 44/10.5 La Sportiva Nepal EVO GTX