Mount Baldy Multimedia
Mount Baldy (aka Mount San Antonio) is the highest point in the San Gabriel range, just northeast of Los Angeles, not to be confused with the ski hill of the same name across the road.
Mount Baldy Winter Photos
- From the Club 2010 practice trip:
- From the Club 2009 practice trip:
- From the Club 2008 practice trip
Mount Baldy Summer Photos
(to add soon)
Selected Mount Baldy Trip Reports
For a few detailed trip reports, see:
- Baldy Bowl Ski Trip 2010
- Baldy Mountaineering 2002
- Baldy Mountaineering 2006 (includes some good background info, e.g. driving directions)
- Hamik's blog highlights Baldy in winter 2010
San Antonio Ski Hut
Gil Estrada and a group of volunteers from the Sierra Club maintain a very nice backcountry cabin on the slopes of Mount Baldy called the San Antonio Ski Hut. This is a perfect starting place for an approach to the summit via the main bowl, one of the Baldy Bowl Chutes, or the southwest ridge.